- What Russian holidays
do you want to tell me about?
- I would like to tell you about a great Maslenitsa celebration in Russia.
- When is it celebrated?
- It is celebrated on last Sunday of March, when winter is losing its rights and spring comes.
- Describe me this holiday, please.
- On this day there are Russian great folk festivals with horses, getting a living rooster from the post, a lot of jokes, songs and dances. On the streets of cities, towns and villages different mummers walk, they offer everybody hot tea and Russian pancakes with different toppings: honey, jam, butter, eggs!
- And what is the most
thing about this holiday?
- But most importantly is the effigy of winter that is burnt and everyone rejoices the beautiful spring coming.
- Wow! It's so interesting!
- You're welcome!